Sunday, 14 February 2010

Heavy Weapon Snow Bases

I haven't written in a while so this is the first of several updates I need to make. I have been experimenting with bicarbonate of soda mixtures to make the perfect bases. It took a lot of trial and error to get it to the right consistency but I settled with roughly 1:1.5:2 water:PVA:bicarbonate. It fizzes up give a lot so you need to keep stirring it to let out the carbon dioxide. I stuck mine in a pot and gave it a shake every minute or so (make sure you keep the lid off when not shaking or the pressure will build up with humorous consequences!). I'm going to use this to base most of my miniatures, but since so few are painted at the moment I used this batch for my heavy weapon bases. I need about 15 60mm bases and at £2.50 for 3 from GW that's quite an expense. So I got some cut from plywood; worked out pretty well at £1.50 for 25! I also got some resin rocks and made up some sandbags to add a bit of variance and plan on using some razor wire as well. These are two of them:

1 comment: